Meet Patti Ramseur
It all started with a mock trial in 9th-grade Civics class. At that time, I knew I wanted to be a trial attorney (or professional basketball player). Fast forward a few years. At Wake Forest University School of Law, I was fortunate to participate in the Trial Team and was soon “trying” more cases than many attorneys do during their careers.
Yet, nothing is like the real thing. I thoroughly enjoy litigating and arbitrating cases, particularly the strategy involved during each phase of a case. As intense and exciting as trials are, the most rewarding part of my practice is the opportunity to work with wonderful clients who work tirelessly to do the right thing for their employees and their businesses.
Over the last twenty-one years, I have focused on employment and commercial cases—for employers of all sizes, from non-profits to publicly traded companies. My practice involves advising employers and litigating claims under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, the FLSA, the FMLA, and the REDA as well as claims of sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, wage and hour disputes, breach of contract, non-compete, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
This is what I do.
Select Honors and Awards
- Named one of the ”Top 10” Attorneys in North Carolina (2020-21), “Top 50 Women” in North Carolina (2014-2021), “Top 100” in North Carolina (2018, 2020), and Listed Labor and Employment (2011, 2014-2021) by North Carolina SuperLawyers
- Named to the “Labor & Employment Stars” list in North Carolina by Benchmark Litigation(2019)
- Named an “Outstanding Women in Business” Honoree by Triad Business Journal(2019)
- Robinson O. Everett Professionalism Award from the North Carolina Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division (2012)
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Labor & Employment – North Carolina (2013-2021), Up-and-Coming list (2014)
- Selected to Super Lawyers Business Edition list, Labor and Employment (2013-2015)
- Named to “The Best Lawyers in America” list for Employment Law-Management (2014, 2016-2019), Labor and Employment Litigation (2016-2019) in North Carolina by Best Lawyers
- Recognized in Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite for Young Guns (2010), Employment (2013-2021)
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Triad Business Journal‘s 40 Under 40 (2010)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D.)
- North Carolina State University (B.S., magna cum laude)